Sunday, April 02, 2006

A Weekend in Spain... Sort of

Have you been busy lately? I have!

The last few days have been filled with non-stop work. Finally Sunday comes and we get a day off! After 3 full days of 12-14 hours of work that start at 6:30 am, it sure feels good to sleep as late as you want and not have anything to do all day. All I really want to do is rest and take it easy.

That being said, we still made time to go out and check out the scene at night. Zaragoza is full of life after dark. There are all kinds of people out enjoying the restaurants, bars, and pubs. At midnight you could see a group of old ladies sitting in a tapas bar drinking a bottle of wine, a mom and dad walking with their children eating ice cream, a group of twenty-somethings on their way to a disco... Almost everything stays open late, but I'm not sure how late because we're usually too exhausted to stay and find out!

Being in Spain really makes me realize how much Italian I know. The languages are similar but not that similar. In Italy I can order food, ask for things, and generally get around without much language trouble. But since I've been here everything is more of a struggle. Almost nobody here speaks English. I wish I would have paid more attention when I was a kid and my mom would yell at me in Spanish!

So Monday its back to work. Maybe for my next post, I'll actually have a weekend to speak of...

2 Comments:

At 12:45 AM, Blogger anywherebutTX said...

I always found it so strange that you didn't know spanish..... Just a thought!

 
At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've spent 8 years working in restaurants surrounded by Mexican cooks who have done nothing but talk dirty to me in Spanish and I still can't pick any of it up... :) Damn it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home