Monday, March 06, 2006

When does a beer taste the best?

I opened up MSN.com and saw this quote in an article about skiing:

"Never, ever does beer taste better than after a day of “skiing.” It’s not just a drink, it’s a bronze medal."

After Saturday, I think I might have to agree. Me and a couple friends went up to the closest Ski spot to the base, Piancavallo. Its pretty small and easy, so its perfect for beginners and people recovering from injuries like myself.

Now, since Lent started last week, I had decided that I was going to TRY to give up beer. Then I remembered how much I enjoy a good brew after I get done boarding. So I changed my mind and decided to give up wine for 40 days instead. Don't get me wrong, I love a good merlot, but wine and I just don't have the history and the relationship...

So after we finish up our boarding and head into the nearest lodge/restaurant, we sit down and get settled. My basic instinct kicked in and I felt it was time for a beer. I knew I was going to have to drive down the mountain again so I knew I could only have one. And they had Lowenbrau on draft! Perfect.

So it made me ask myself, would it be any easier to go without beer in the summertime? I don't know. What about when you're at the beach? Or after playing softball? What about if you're at a baseball game? What do you think?

I guess for me, there are certain times when it just feels natural to be holding a beer. After a day of boarding in the Alps, sitting in a lodge in the valley with some friends, eating some goulash and wienerschnitzel (cause that's what they serve over here, and its awesome!)... nothing goes down easier.

1 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Blogger anywherebutTX said...

I couldn't hang in Germany..... Goulash and weinerschnitzel....ughhh, gross.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home