Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Back to the Slopes


So I finally decided that my left wrist, the one I broke back in November while snowboarding, was healed enough to try my luck on the slopes once again. A few of my friends from work go snowboarding almost every weekend in the wintertime. They invited me along and so I figured it was time to test out my newly healed wrist.



There is this very cool ski/snowboard spot about 2 hours away from where we live. Its right on the border of Italy and Austria. Its called Naasfeldt, I think. To get there you have to drive up icy switchbacks for about 30 minutes that wind up the side of the mountain. You go across narrow bridges and little caves that look like they've been there since the Roman Empire. For a Texas boy like me, just that by itself is pretty exciting! This place has ski runs that start in Italy and end in Austria.















So it turned out to be a beautiful day. The temperature was in the 30s - 40s, (I remember when I used to think that was cold). The snow was not super fresh, but only a few days old. And best of all it wasn't very crowded. A full day lift ticket only costs 35 Euro ( about 42 USD).

I'm happy to say that my wrist held up just fine. I wore a wrist brace, I took it easy on the slopes, and I didn't try anything stupid - its amazing what a difference that can make!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home