Saturday, March 25, 2006

A Month in Spain...

So here I am in Spain. Got here on Thursday. I'll be here for the whole month of April.

Sounds great right? The catch is - I have to work. What a bummer. But its not all bad. I'm pretty sure we'll have a little time to have some fun and do some travelling.

I'm in the city of Zaragoza which they say is the most interesting thing between Madrid and Barcelona. This part of Spain looks kinda like the high desert. Lots of dry brush and sand and gravel. Out in the distance in every direction there are mesas surrounding the city.

The City of Zaragoza is larger than I expected. Very bustling, lots of people, lots of tapas bars, pubs, and restaurants. A little shopping too. And driving the streets? Hang on for dear life, my friends!
I'm here with about 20 other people in support of a training exercise. In about a week or so there'll be a lot more Americans crawling around this town. Me and one other guy are responsible for setting up all the communications for the whole site. Yes, a pretty daunting task is ahead of us. I see some long days in our future!

So you may not hear from me all that frequently. But I hope to have some pictures of this place posted eventually. One of my first tasks will be to find some Flamenco dancing!!!

2 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Blogger anywherebutTX said...

Wayching Flamenco dancing or participating??? And please don't call me "dude" ever again... :-)

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger anywherebutTX said...

oops... that was supposed to be watching

 

Post a Comment

<< Home