Monday, April 10, 2006

Zaragoza Air Base, April 2006

One of the coolest things about these temporary duty assignments is that they let us Comm guys get a little closer to the action than normal.

These top two pictures were taken at the air traffic control tower here on the base. You can see the F-16s sitting on the runway getting ready for takeoff...

I took the third picture while I was riding in a truck that was towing this F-16 after it had gone through some engine testing. And the last one is me on one of my "days off", when I came in to work. Sometimes it seems like there's a lot of those...

4 Comments:

At 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post more Italy pics! I want to see!

ammogirl

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger MrCatalyst said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Now Tony... was surfin around and stumbled upon this site.
I am an Alumni from the High School on Base at ZAB (Zaragoza Air Base). we have a couple of websites dedicated to ZAB.

http://www.toroscope.com/
and
http://www.zaragozatoros.com

could you take some pics of the school or Theater or anything around the base? we get a big kick seeing this stuff... truck up to Mount Moncayo one weekend... nice mountain.
thanks for sharing.. eric
http://www.zaragozatoros.com/Gallery/Eric%20page/01_EricZab.html

 
At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I don't know if you could help me but my father was stationed at the air base there in Zaragoza in 1964. It has been his dream to go back and he has talked about Spain for so many years. He and my mother in October are finally getting the opportunity to go to Spaina/Zaragoza. He would love to visit the base. Can you give me some info... like whats the best way to get there from the train station? Can he stay on base? Can he have a tour? Is there a contact person he could call? Do you have the number to the base? I would greatly appreciate any help you could give me.
Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home