Friday, August 11, 2006

A Minute to Breathe

With work, school, and travelling all keeping me busy over the last month, it's kind of funny that I feel like blogging now. It seems that keeping this website up to date makes me feel more on top of things!

The last few weeks have been a blur of activity and happenings for me. Some of the most noteworthy:

1. I'm getting promoted!!! I found out Wednesday that I passed my test for Staff Sergeant! (That's an E-5) I'll be taking on more of a leadership/mentor role in my shop and I'll start getting a little more respect. I feel like I've been doing the job of a Staff Sgt for the last few months anyway and a few of my superiors have said that too.

2. I will be going on another temporary duty assignment (TDY) to Greece, Crete, and Cyprus. Me and 3 other guys will spend a couple weeks down there upgrading networking equipment on some NATO bases. It should be an interesting and challenging task mixed in with a little fun and leisure time. Not sure when we're leaving. I only hope these new crazy terrorist attacks don't force us to cancel our plans.

3. For those of you baking in the 100 degree temperatures, know that last weekend in Austria they got about 60 inches of snow, only about 3 hours from here. A few of my buddies are going snowboarding tomorrow! One of the things I DON'T miss about Texas is the month of August.

4. I was hoping to be able to take a trip back to the US and see some of you. But then this Greece thing came up. I still might try to get out there later this year, but we'll just have to see how things turn out.

5. I turned in a request for another tour here in Italy. If it gets approved, I'll be here until 2010! If it gets denied, I'll be leaving Italy in Sept 2007. I should get my answer in the next 45 days or so. So if any of you were thinking about coming out here to visit, please plan accordingly!

This weekend looked like it might give us a little time to relax. We'd planned to chill this weekend and clean up the house a little, but then a few of our closest friends invited us to take a trip to Slovenia with them. Hey, when Ljubjana, Slovenia has the best Mexican reastaurant in Europe and it's only 2 hours away, how can you say no?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home