Thursday, May 18, 2006

Tests, Trips, and Tribulations

Since I've been back from Spain, it seems that I just haven't had time to get caught up on anything! Since blogging is not the highest thing on my to-do list, I am very behind on stories. Especially considering that it has now been over a month since our weekend in Barcelona and I still haven't been able to get those pics organized!!!

In any case, here are some of the highlights of my 3 weeks since I've been back in Italy (in no particular order):

I tested for promotion. I'll find out in August if I get to sew on a new stripe.

I took my final exam for my wireless telecommunications class. Got an A on the test, and a B in the class. Good enough for me.

I finally received my Associates in Applied Science degree in Electronic Systems Technology from the Community College of the Air Force. It's about freakin time since I've been in college classes for like 10 years!

My friends, CJ and Forrest came to visit us from Fort Worth. We had a great time showing them around Italy. We went to see a soccer game in Milan, and spent some time in Venice and our local area. They also travelled down to Rome and Siena on their own. Pics from their visit are also forthcoming...

I've spent seemingly countless hours replacing car batteries. You see, I was entrusted to be the caretaker of 3 of my buddies' cars while they were away in Iraq/Qatar. Unfortunatley for me, all 3 of them had apparently sat idle for too long and their batteries died. I've got one more car to finish up and 4 days to do it before the owner gets back!

My wife, Susan, left a few days ago for the states. She'll be there for a couple weeks to visit family and go to our friend Heather's wedding in South Carolina. Wish I could have gone with her. But instead at least I get to live like a bachelor for a little while. Its funny how all those veggies in the fridge seem to slowly morph into beer and microwavable pizzas.

So what's there to do this weekend? If weather permits, me and some friends will be on a beach on the Adriatic coast drinking granitas with rum and watching fat hairy guys in speedos try to pick up topless fat hairy women. Ummm,... ok that last part doesn't sound so great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home